5 Mac apps for keyboard powerusers
Here are five Mac apps I use to be more efficient. I recently discovered #5 so I’ll be working on integrating all of those shortcuts into my muscle memory.
When I don’t have these installed on the computer I’m using, my brain feels broken.
Work smarter, not harder.
Listed in order, from beginner to advanced:
- Alfred: “Alfred is an award-winning app for Mac OS X which boosts your efficiency with hotkeys, keywords, text expansion and more. Search your Mac and the web, and be more productive with custom actions to control your Mac.”
- Paste: Beautiful clipboard manager. Looks and feels like Apple built it into MacOS. “Stores everything you copy and extends your system clipboard capacity up to unlimited.”
- TextExpander: “Imagine never typing the same email address, chunk of code, brand message, directions or data more than once. Store them in a snippet — a keyboard shortcut you create. Use them for yourself, share them with your team, update across all your devices.”
- Keyboard Maestro: automation tool
- BT Keybindings: manipulate text like a wizard